Wednesday, June 18, 2008

this is just how i felt

Ashley, my grown up girl-child announced she's getting married. I immediately thought of this movie. Steve Martin in Father of the Bride where his grown daughter announces she's getting married. This is what he sees and exactly how I felt.

They're planning a simple wedding in Vegas with the ceremony performed by a gold lame clad Elvis and everything. Just what I would imagine for my quirky, funny kid.

So, now we're talking wedding dresses, (with rainbow colored tulle underneath) the reception at home afterward and trip arrangements to Las Vegas. Oh, and birth control. Lots of birth control.

4 comments:

Marigold said...

oh my goodness! Tell her congratulations from me :) Was this a surprise? Do you know the guy? Do you approve?

Tallulah said...

Congrats to Ashley! lol and Mom... you will survive this.

Thimbleanna said...

Aaaaack!!!! How exciting!!! Congratulations to the new bride and groom -- when's the big event? I love the clip you posted -- isn't that SO true? How the HECK did we get to this point????

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

Wow! So how are you doing?