Wednesday, June 25, 2008

give and take and the perfect steak

I make Ken's favorite cookies. . .

Milk Chocolate with Toffee Chips.

and he brings me flowers for no reason at all.
and dinner tonight:


The perfect ribeye. I'm the grill Sargent around these parts.
I think I've mastered the grill. We bought a gas Weber last year for our anniversary. It's hooked right into our natural gas line and I love it! Sure it's a joint gift - Ken fires it up and I do all the cooking.

To get these beautiful grill marks start off with a smokin' hot grill.
For a steak this thick, cooked perfectly medium I put it on the grill for 3 - 4 minutes then rotate it 45° to get those criss-cross marks. Flip after another 3 - 4 minutes and repeat on the other side.
Letting the meat rest for 10 minutes or so really seals the juices inside. Tasty!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

You always make me hungry!

camillaknits said...

you're mean... cute and talented, but mean. I miss you. C