Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesdays With Dorie

I love the idea of this group - a cook along. But so many of the recipes aren't practical for my family. I live with Mr. picky eater and son. I'm the only one who will eat any sort of fruit thing so all these wonderful cobblers, pies and such I didn't get to bake.
I'm thinking I need to combine this group with my weekly visits to Clementine's . Knitters get hungry. And they'll pretty much eat anything. :)
So I'll be catching up next week with the Summer Fruit Galette. Stay Tuned!

6 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Do you think that's a man thing? My guys aren't fruit lovers either. At least your man will eat BCP -- the ultimate in fruit desserts (well, ok, it may have to share the throne with strawberry shortcake.) Anyhoo, that's why us girls must stick together -- to eat fruit desserts and knit!!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see it!

camillaknits said...

Good thing I just bought muh stretchy pants (cue the 'Nacho Libre' theme music!)
Bring. It. On.

Molly Loves Paris said...

I'm sorry to hear that you have picky eaters. I've got just one, but boy has she given me fits (daughter #3). What you could try is making things much smaller. The cobbler recipe was perfect for that. One fourth of the recipe would fit into a 4" square dish, or two individual ramekins. And maybe eventually the picky eaters would think that looks pretty good - maybe. Bon chance.

Nickki said...

I know exactly how you feel - my husband is quite picky and my son's would never have even tried this weeks recipe. I halved the recipe and gave some to my neighbour. Look forward to reading more of your posts :)

Bungalow Barbara said...

If your knitting friends are anything like mine, they'll love just about anything home-baked! In fact, the Madison Knitters Guild has two pot-luck meetings a year. Wow, knitters can really cook!