Sunday, July 13, 2008

my husband is freakishly clever

Not unlike me in my crafty and cooking adventures I must say. Before we get to his creative genius, behold, my favorite salad EVER:


It's a copy cat recipe based on the village salad at Max & Ermas restaurants. Nice leafy lettuce(s), red onion rings, sliced roma tomatoes, crispy, crumbled bacon and blue cheese. Finish it off with fresh ground pepper and Marzetti's sweet italian dressing. It's a little bit of heaven. As heavenly as a salad can be, anyway.

I thought I'd share a favorite kitchen gadget with you too. This here is my second one, just acquired today at Target. My first octopus met an untimely demise in my garbage disposal. Yikes. I know.

You fill his head with soap and he scrubs your dishes for you!

And behold, my husband's creative genius. Necessity being the mother of invention and all that:

He needed some sort of vacuum pump thing to get the old fluids out of the engine parts. He had the hand-held squeez-ee outy thing but needed a bigger container. I'm sure he thought of this as he finished the last swig of his cola. A-HA! was heard around the world. I gots me a clever one to be certain.

He's been half inside the engine compartment of his truck since Thursday. I toss him some sustenance now and again but for the most part I haven't seen anything but his backside in three days (that ain't ALL bad). He's doing some major engine repair. Again. He thinks he's got it figured out this time. FOR. SURE.

We'll see. I'll keep you posted.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

You're too funny Melly! I'd love to see hubby's backside as he's bent over an engine -- not for the backside (you know, buttcrack being involved and all), but just to know he was getting something done!

Anonymous said...

hi there. i stumbled across your blog from thimbleanna's. we make a similar salad,but i wanted to give you a little variation on the onions. if you marinate them, even for 20 minutes, it takes out the "bite". put them into a ziploc, drizzle in some olive oil and a little red wine vinegar, some salt and pepper and squish it around really well. then lift them out when it's time for salad.
i'm totally buying an octopus at target today!!!!
have a great day!