Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tuesdays With Dorie - Black and White Banana Loaf

Blogger was being finicky about posting pictures but there is, as they say, more than one way to skin a cat. Flickr won't let you post date your posts so I uploaded the picture to my Google/Picasa album and pasted the URL rather than uploading a picture through Blogger. Take that Blogger! I love post dating. It's like blogging in my sleep. While I'm warm in my bed tonight, Blogger will post my Tuesday With Dorie post right at midnight. How rediculous is that?

This week's TWD entry was selected by Ashlee of A Year in the Kitchen. You can find the recipe on her blog. Go look how stinkin' adorable she is. And she cooks! Great choice Ashlee!

The cake is dense, moist and the flavors compliment each other so well, each bite is like a party in your mouth. I enjoyed this recipe very much. It had all the things I love about cooking - varied ingredients, new techniques, fresh aromas in the prep as well as the actual cooking and rum! What's not to love about chocolate, bananas and rum?

Next week we're making ice cream!

15 comments:

CB said...

Doncha just love post date? Its making my spontaneous posting so much easier to space out. Glad you like the loaf! Great job!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Beryl said...

Beautiful job!
I get the paper loaf pans from
Sur La Table. They are cheap, the bake great, and are so cute in lots of shapes and sizes!

Unknown said...

It looks perfect!

Jayne said...

Great job - and I agree - post dating is one of the best things in life!

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

Nice! Glad you liked it!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Blogger wouldn't upload my pictures either but I just waited out their temper tantrum! I haven't figured out the post-dating part. Kind of backwards technologically. Your cake is beautiful - great marbling!

Rigby said...

Beautiful cake :)

Engineer Baker said...

Party in your mouth, indeed. Beautiful

Pamela said...

That picture thing with Blogger was a PITA, but it seems better now. Your cake looks great! Sounds like you enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

Your loaf is gorgeous! What a treat, finding a new blog, too. How have I missed yours?! Subscribing now...

Peggy said...

Your loaf looks great. I also love bananas and chocolate - the rum I can live without. I prefer tequila! :)

Teanna DiMicco said...

Gorgeous loaf! And you are right, there is nothing better than chocolate, bananas, and rum!

ShannonW said...

Just visiting from "That's My Answer"!

That looks yummy!

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

Your marbling looks so good! Don't make me hate you. ;)

Thimbleanna said...

Holy Cow -- look at all these foodies here! My little knittin' self has to butt in to say that you have two of my favs out of those three. MIL ruined the taste of rum in desserts for me years ago -- so do you think this could be made with something else? Otherwise, it looks fantastic!