Thursday, August 28, 2008

industrious

I'm no longer allowed in Menards by myself. I ran up there today to see if they had any yard games discounted - we're having some friends over this weekend and I wanted to give them something to do other than the usual eating, drinking and merriment. I don't know why, they seem to be good at the usual.

Menards was out of the aforementioned games but oh did I find goodies! For those of you who don't have a Menards near you I'll explain. It's a strange store. I don't typically enjoy shopping there but today, by myself, without Ken dragging me through the lumber department I was in heaven! Retail therapy heaven. I called my friend Lisa and told her I was no longer allowed in Menards and why. She asked, "Did you buy a gallon of milk?" I didn't but I did see it there. Milk and lumber. And plumbing and appliances and windows and beef jerky and barrels of cheese balls. It's so strange.

Anyway - I did find some good deals, This table for example:

real wood. $34 but it doesn't match my coffee table you say?

Head over to the paint department. One can of spray paint later and we have this:

a table that does match my coffee table. that's were the industriousness comes in. I even got a marriage proposal for being so crafty and clever.

And how fortuitous! Menards is close to a yarn store I love but don't get to very often because it's so far away (and Ken is usually with me when I go to Menards).

This lovely hank needed to come home with me. It's Jitterbug "Gauguin" and not surprising at all it's the same colorway Cami chose for herself earlier this year when she was yarn crawling through Milwaukee. We're connected that way.

That's all I got for today. A new and then improved table and yarn. It's been a good day.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Whatcha makin' with your yarn? Is that a sock yarn? It's beautiful.

Fabulous table transformation -- the new version is much better. And Menard's has milk? Who knew -- guess I should check them out sometime.

Anonymous said...

hEY, i WOuld love to buy lumber and milk, what a concept.

Nice work on the table too!

camillaknits said...

Spray paint, huh? Clever, clever woman. I <3 the Jitterbug. So, toe-ups are lurking in your future... interesting...

Laura said...

I do enjoy Manards but Jade loves it much more then I do. Once he said that he would be gone about an hour. Three hours pasted and he walked in and said that Manards is a bad store for him to go to by himself and to never let him go alone again. Jade knew he liked you for some reason. I think it is so odd the strange things you can buy at a lumber store other then lumber!

Unknown said...

I amy have to travel a little north to visit our menards. That table would be perfect to replace the rickety pieces of. . . end tables we have now.

lpnde said...

Love that table. You are so clever and imaginative. Hmmm! Wonder where she gets it. The yarn is nice too.

Anonymous said...

Hey chickie, I bought ladder ball earlier this summer and haven't even used it. Do you know what it is? It's 2 balls connected by a cord and you pitch them at the "ladder" - different colors, more points - it's fun and not too hard. If you want to borrow mine ya know you can but...I live a little south from you - snark. Just let me know if you want it.
love ya, Robin

Marigold said...

In no way connected to this blog post ;)

Is your mom doing DishRagTag this year? I am, and somebody's pic looks a lot like you.

Bungalow Barbara said...

It's nice to know there are other folks out there who can't resist home stores and yarn stores. You didn't mention book stores...

We have a Menards here too. I think it may be a Midwest thing. I don't recall seeing milk -- but we always seem to end up picking up some root beer to go with our paint, light bulbs, garden equipment etc....