Friday, February 1, 2008

knitting for dummies

I think I need to get this book. If there isn't one, perhaps I should write it. I think I know just enough about knitting to get myself in trouble and annoy my friends (not to mention my mother). I'm stuck. I've tried picking up the stitches for the other side of the button band on that dang sweater four times! I just can't get it to look right. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.


AND to make things even worse, the girl-child said sweater was made for has decided to lose 30 pounds. How does one lose 30 pounds? I seem to be good only at finding them. Still, she loves this too-big, sloppy, un-done sweater. So much so that she's threatened to wear it with only one side button banded. She's a good one, that kid. AND she's in LOVE. Maybe that's what's making her love the sweater. It's really not that loveable if you ask me. The sweater, I mean. The girl-child is completely adorable but all this sappy love shit? It's too much for this old, married woman. She walks around with this goofy grin on her face just DRIPPING with love. I tell her to take it outside before she gets it all over the carpet. heh


That's all I got for now. Packing has commenced. I'm heading to Florida for five days. FIVE. Leaving five days of grey, cold Indiana for sunny, 80° Florida.
BLISS.
Ya'll be good till I get back.

3 comments:

RedRhonda said...

You have fun...try not to worry about me. I'm sure the antibiotics will kick in soon and I'll start to feel better. But no, you just go have your good time in the sun....

Marigold said...

Florida? that nice warm place?

....

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

Have fun in the warm! (I must mention that Milwaukee is expecting 14-18" of snow in the next 18 hours)

And yes, the book does exist, search on Amazon.