Friday, November 27, 2009

post turkey day post

we had a very low-key turkey day. a few friends and a deep fried bird.
i know.
before you start moaning about tradition, take a gander:
it was, dare i say? they best damn turkey ever.
i'm a traditionalist. i've roasted my turkey in the oven every thanksgiving for probably the last 15 years. i've balked at frying my turkey in hot oil for probably the last 5. but there is something to this deep frying. it presented the most delectable meat, my mouth is watering as i sit here trying to find the right adjectives. it was moist, perfectly seasoned, crispy outside, tender and juicy inside. YUM! but i will say, getting used to the house smelling like a chinese food restaurant on thanksgiving may take some getting used to.
come and get it!
and no holiday would be complete without gram's banana cream pies.
hope your day was filled with all the traditions you love best.

6 comments:

SissySees said...

Actually, I don't like turkey, but I will eat deep-fried. There's the moist issue, but I guess I just like the flavor better too. I think I'm buying the Knight a turkey fryer... His dad has one, but they seem to like to be out of town for Thanksgiving...

Bubblesknits said...

We've been deep frying our turkey for the past 5 years or so and haven't looked back. Absolutely delicious.

Robin said...

looks delish... I still didn't get any turkey. The Mr likes ham and I don't eat that much meat, so I'm not cooking a turkey for myself. I keep hoping someone will say "hey, I've got way too much leftover turkey - would you like some?" Or not...
And that pie looks heavenly.
Of course, you sweetie are about presentation AND good eats. Would you marry me? hugs & more hugs...
Robin

Thimbleanna said...

Oooooh, I'm drooling over your pie! My in-laws always do a deep fried turkey too, and they say the same thing that you do -- best turkey ever. I just can't get past what to do with the stuffing -- I just don't like it if it's not made IN the bird!

gMarie said...

Hmmm - I'm not a turkey fan. I might be willing to try that. we had cornish game hens. Tomorrow we're having chicken & wild rice soup! g

@eloh said...

It's been the rage down here forever. I have yet to be drawn to the darkside...yet more and more I hear things like this...maybe next year.