Friday, November 6, 2009

ribbed lace

i know a lot of people have knit this pattern. ravelry told me so. i've knit this pattern! i don't think it's difficult, per se: it's an 8 stitch repeat with a 24 row pattern repeat. it's a combination of increases, decreases and yarn overs that creates this lovely fabric of lace. i remember it being a bit challenging the first time but the end result was a pair of socks so. . .
since then i have tried no less than four times to create these socks again. and i'm not sitting here with a single pair of ribbed lace socks.
i tried once with some beautiful yarnlove. it certainly wasn't a problem with the yarn: silk and wool. for your feet. delicious.
i tried again this summer in seattle with some lorna's laces. again, lovely yarn but the pattern just wouldn't come off my needles.

the other day i cast on these:

and, here we go again. i'm having trouble already. i know what i did wrong but do you know how fun it is to un-knit three rounds of yarnovers, increases and decreases?! ::maniacal laughter:: do you?

but. i will say, i'm a much better knitter now than i was last year when i knit these socks the first time so fixing should be a breeze. right?!

4 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Ugh. I hate fixing yarnover mistakes. Good luck Melly -- your yarns sure are gorgeous!

SissySees said...

Hang in there! You'll get it. The yarns are beautiful.

Nikki Neurotic said...

I think the changes of color looks pretty even uneven. Granted, I'm not a knitter. I tried to learn once but I don't have the patience.

Creative Minx said...

Good Luck my friend. I feel your pain! oh, and I love that light red yarn!