Monday, April 28, 2008

book meme

From NeedleJunkie
She didn't tag me but I love this meme.

The Rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book of 123 (or more) pages.
2. Open the book to page 123 and find the 5th sentence.
3. Post the next 3 sentences.
4. Tag 5 people.

I had a bunch of books equal distance from me, this one was on top:
1. A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers.
2. "He is unshaven and is wearing sandals and a poncho made from, one can be almost sure, hemp."
3."I do not want to talk to this man. I have talked to the man from the California Public Interest Research Group (CalPIRG). I have donated to the couple from the women's shelter, and to that little boy from the youth group, to the woman from the Green Party, the kids from the Boys Club, the pair of solemn teenagers from SANE/FREEZE."

And boy, if this little snipped doesn't want to make you run out and buy this book, nothing will!
I didn't finish reading it. I rarely do that. I will struggle along with a book, hoping it gets better sort of like Cami with her rock ballads.

And for the record? I love a good rock ballad. Hello! Stairway to Heaven? I Can't Tell You Why by Foreigner? What's not to love about a little Lynyrd Skynyrd slowin' it down for Free Bird? Sweet Melissa by the Allman Brothers? The list, my friend is long. I'll get you turned on to some great rock ballads. Wait and see.

Not tagging anyone. I hate that part of the whole meme thing. If you want to play along, great! Post the meme on your blog and tell the world melly sent you.

No comments: