Thursday, April 24, 2008

the best is yet to be

Tomorrow is my 22nd anniversary. To those of you who say, "You don't look old enough to be married 22 years." I say, thank you and I'm not.

22 years ago I got my mother's permission to marry like I was going on a field trip:
________ has my permission to marry_________.
I'm not even kidding.

It's been interesting. It's been good and it's been bad just like the rest of you married folks, I imagine. I like to joke and say I would have gotten less time for murder. It just makes people laugh and laugh. But I'm not really kidding. heh

So to commemorate this blessed day I created this photo montage for Ken. This and a banana cream pie are my gifts to him. Pie is the traditional gift for the 22nd year, or hadn't you heard?

Happy Anniversary, Ken. The best is yet to be.

5 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Haha. So, does this mean you were 12 when you married like me??? Happy Anniversary. Just remember, the pie goes in the mouth, not on the face!

LotusKnits said...

Could you guys *be* any cuter?!?! Jeez. Congrats!

Erin said...

A beautiful gift and a beautiful couple! Congratulations and many happy years to come!!

Tallulah said...

Congrats Melly,to both of you. I know it hasn't always been easy. But no one ever said marriage, or life, would be. The important thing is getting through the 'not easy' together, thumbing your noses to all who think you can't, or shouldn't, and enjoying anniversary after anniversary. It does my heart good to know some people CAN. Even more so to know it is you. -smiles- Happy Anniversary SF.

Anonymous said...

AWE!!! Congratulations!!! That is just the sweetest thing.