Monday, September 24, 2007

C is for

Cooking.
I love to cook.
This maybe isn't the best photo to share as there was no cooking involved here with these fruit kabobs with yummy marshmallow fluff dippy sauce. But this was the first picture I came across. And I did enjoy making these.
Bits of fresh strawberries, bananas, cantaloupe, grapes, blackberries, pineapple and starfruit layered on a skewer. That's it.
The dippy sauce is the real star here:
1 jar of marshmallow fluff combined with a brick of cream cheese and some freshly ground nutmeg. And wire cutters. Evidently they are an essential tool when making fruit kabobs.
:)
I sometimes say if you can read, you can cook but maybe there's more to it than that.
I'm a good cook. It's something I really enjoy. From start to finish.
I love selecting the perfect recipe, hunting down fresh ingredients and watching the whole thing come together. The best part is watching everyone enjoy the dish I've created. I do get self satisfaction out of the whole process but for me, it's all in the sharing.
It's that whole food = love thing, I'm sure.
Now go make something yummy.

1 comment:

RedRhonda said...

OK, I'm seriously hungry now. I hope you had a fabulous birthday!