Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Absent Tears

post title created using random title generator cause i'm lazy like that.

i've been trying to jumpstart my knitting. since the cool ass hat i haven't really knit anything. i cast on another pair of never ending socks but set them down shorty after and i haven't picked them up again.

so, nothing jump starts my mojo like some inspiration. i spent some time browsing patterns on ravelry but just didn't find what i was looking for. i don't know why i was feeling inspired to knit for my dogs, but that's the direction i headed. i got some doggie knits books form the library. and i knit a doggy hat. i think i've officially gone crazy. i'm knitting hats for dogs. i'm a crazy dog lady. somebody save me.

the funny thing about knitting a hat for a dog is they really don't like hats. at least my three little ones don't. i initially knit this hat for fatboy. he must have a weird head. the hat didn't really work on his head. in this hat ginger reminds me of a cheerleader or something with big fluffy pony tails for ears. grizz won't even come near me when i'm holding the hat. i think he's the smartest one of the bunch. myself included.

6 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

You're hysterical! Methinks it's time for an intervention!!!

veedogknitter said...

That is hilarious!! Thanks for the good laugh!!

SissySees said...

Hrmph. I happen to lurvers the hat, and both of my girls don't mind hats at all. Gretchen actually is very reluctant to come to us when she has her "ball cap" on because she's afraid we'll take it off of her...

Unknown said...

Oh I think that's funny and you're right - she does look like a cheerleader. Pretty. g

Very Quirky Girl said...

It's a good sign that you recognize your craziness...isn't that the first step to a cure? Seriously I really,really love the hat! Who knew hats for dogs. The colors are way way fun. Please keep the happiness coming.

Creative Minx said...

I tried the random title generator. It, of course, rocked. Hehe.