Friday, September 19, 2008

yarn (2)

Went on a mini yarn crawl with the girls I typically knit with on Fridays. Big shout out to Heather and Trista! Rochelle, feel better. You were missed!

Can I just say, I have never stepped into a Hobby Lobby or Michael's and had my breath taken away. Today it happened more than once. This first yarn is a 100% kettle dyed wool from Manos del Uruguay and it is to. die. for. Cami had a cake floating around in the shop for a while and I fondled it every chance I got. Hell, I molested that thing! This colorway is simply #113 but it needs a better name. Hello Gorgeous works for me. I don't even have a project in mind. I bought it just to have me some pretty to look at every day. A girl can never have too much pretty.



and this little lovely is a brand new yarn from what I can tell. Mine is one of only three stashed in Ravelry. It's by Knit One Crochet Too , called ty-dy socks. I can't wait to knit this up! The colorway is magenta moss.


And how often can I sing Ravelry's praise? Today I learned a new trick and it's just so cool I can't keep it to myself. Most of you are probably rolling your eyes, having figured this out months ago but I just discovered it today!
If you go to your queue and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page there's a little box that says 'add to ravelry queue'. If you drag that up to the links section of your task bar and drop it, anytime you're searching the WEB, not just ravelry, you can click that button if you find a cool sweater on some one's blog even and it will drop into your ravelry queue. SO COOL! Thanks Ravelry!
(if all this is too technical for you, drop me a line and I'll see if I can't walk you through the steps)

Now I must go knit!

3 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Too Technical? Oh no, never.

I don't even know what the hell my "queue" is!

;-)

Anonymous said...

You found that at HL or M? Guess I haven't looked in the yarn sections there lately. That's similar to the ones I got Cami - because I thought I'd prevent an act of clepto from happening as she kept looking suspiciously at my yarn (I know she could take me down and I can't run fast anymore)
I tried the queue thing but mine wouldn't drag... Maybe you could show me at the shop.
Miss you and Cami muchly but I want to take care of my spouse as much as I can right now. Besides that Cami's puny too.
See you later this week, hugs, Rob

Erin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!