Tuesday, September 23, 2008

a knitter's stash is no laughing matter

Sorry fellow TWD bakers. The only dimples you'll find here are on my forty year old. . .never mind. :) Today is my 4oth birthday and I wasn't allowed to do any baking. My daughter has made my cake and I think it is going to be grand indeed. I can't wait to see it! But first, dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe! Excellent atmosphere and Justin, my newly turned 21 year old gave me a high-five and said, "YES! Drinks!" That's where we celebrated his birthday a few weeks ago. We had so much fun I wanted to go back for more. The celebrating has begun.

But first, a little chastising. There can be no laughing at a yarn stash. You know who you are. And you'd better be getting on the phone to wish your little sister a happy birthday! Mom, I got your card so you're off the hook.

I know I said I wasn't going to accumulate a yarn stash but I can't help it! A girl can only knit so fast and, and, and. . .I doubt seriously I even need to justify my stash to YOU, mom. Let's see the photographic evidence of YOUR stash, shall we? And then we'll talk. Um, kettle? Black? Apple? Tree? :) That's us, alright. You know I love you.

Ok, I'm done with that. How about some show and tell? This is that lovely little ball of TY-DY yarn turning into a sock. Cute, no?

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Have a drink for me!

Shelby said...

Happy Birthday! Too funny about your yarn stash - I used to have one years ago myself but since I am no longer stay at home, I don't have the time to do everything I wish I could!

Anonymous said...

*happy birthday to you*
*happy birthday to you*
*happy birthday dear melly*
*happy birthday to you!*

I remember 40. It was a v-e-r-y long time ago :) but as I seem to recall, it was a great year. Hope yours is too!

Anonymous said...

I tried to call & wish you a happy b-day but alas no answer. Yes I'm very bad about waiting for the machine. sorry. Here is to you making it another year! Will you be at your long distance LYS on Wednesday or Thursday? Hope to see you soon!
LeAnn

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday. Hope you had a good day. According to everything I've heard, sock yarns don't count as stash! g

Anonymous said...

We already talked about BD - we've kind of been celebrating it a little at a time... I know you had a good time too. A number is just a number, it's how you live everyday that counts.
bunches of hugs, Rob

Les said...

Happy Birthday, dear friend! I hope your day is as beautiful as you are.

Love you bunches,
Les

camillaknits said...

You have no idea how pissed I am not to see cake over here... guess I'd settle *sigh* for seeing you tomorrow, instead. *smooches* C

lpnde said...

You make me feel famous being in your blog evry now and then. Hey I'm the one that said "famous last words" when you said no stash for me. Love ya