Tuesday, January 23, 2007

So my craft of late is cooking

I'm not scrap booking much these days. I made a few cards this week but no major paper projects have been underway. I have been doing plenty of cooking though. From scratch! Pretty crafty, huh?
I've made:

Chili
Fajitas
Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
Waffles
and of course I'm on this total CUPCAKE bender!

These beauties are a Betty Crocker traditional recipe - Silver White Cake. They were most tasty. The cake cooked up nicely, dense but not too heavy. I frosted them with a French Buttercream icing but would have much preferred traditional butter cream icing. The French version was too salty and not sugary enough for me. This isn't a sweet cupcake. It needs a sweeter icing. It would make a wonderful wedding cake to be sure!

Silver White Cake
from Betty Crocker's 40th Anniversary Cookbook

2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 2/3 cups sugar
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups milk
2/3 cups shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 egg whites

Heat oven to 350°.
Beat all ingredients except egg whites in large bowl on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed two minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in egg whites on high speed two minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Scoop into muffin papers about half full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.

Still lovin' these papers recommended by Chockylit!
Posted by Picasa
Posted by Picasa

No comments: